Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tend to Your Garden/Blog

Hello, readers (if any you be!). I have been negligent about tending to my blog and, much like a garden, intellectual weeds have grown right under my feet and I find myself getting reoriented to the environment. Anyway, I'm moving into the next assignments and am finally delighted to have the parenthetical description of metadata - "descriptive information". How simple the definition and how confusing the term!

Anyway, one seed for thought as we proceed. In visiting different spots in my garden, I'm always delighted witht the botanical serendipity therein - a lamb's ear pops up where only beebalm grew; a yellow coreopsis visits in my pastel patch of yarrow. There is, to my mind, intellectual serendipity as well - and, it occurs most frequently when I allow myself the luxury of exploring a new website or reading a peer-reviewed (of course!) article that may be peripheral to my discipline. I always find new growth emerging - and I welcome the new "interlopers" (plants and ideas) into my gardens!

No comments: